Saturday, January 05, 2008

Campaign '08

This morning I attended the Barack Obama rally in Nashua, NH. It was an amazing (and very crowded) experience. Obama is quite charismatic and a tremendous public speaker and today, I got to see him live and in person. He didn't look the least bit tired and seemed energized by the large crowd, which apparently exceeded expectation, so much so they had to use another gym for the overflow.

I took my Blackberry and Twittered while there, so if you want to see the transcript, click here and search for MichelleBB. My favorite quote is this: "...they knew Dick Cheney, my cousin, would not be on the ballot (for '08)....usually when they do these genealogical searches, they find you're related to someone cool."

Tomorrow I head to the Hillary Clinton rally; I want to make an informed decision before Tuesday's primary and as of yet, I still don't know for whom I will vote. But as Obama said during the rally, "In three days, we have a chance to say to America, we can do something that hasn't been done before." And I feel it's my duty (since this is a privilege) to do my due diligence here.

EDITED TO ADD: Yes, I stupidly forgot my camera. I plan to bring it to tomorrow's rally and yes, I will post the pictures. Not sure we'll get as close as we did for the Donny shot (Al!), but we'll get something.

No comments: