Thursday, January 03, 2008

Craptastic!

An employee of mine (and friend) is leaving the company. I hired her two years ago and while she's moved on to work for other folks, we've grown close. But she quit. And I hate her for it.

No, not really.

But I am upset. I mean, how can she just up-and-leave me? Whose top coat am I going to borrow when my nails go dull? Who's going to fix my travel when I screw it up? And most importantly, who am I going to gossip with at lunch?

Sigh. I'm happy for her, really. She was offered a nice job, close to home with a bump in salary. Who could blame her?

But to quote Gus from My Big Fat Greek Wedding, Leonor, "why you won leave me?"
____________
P.S. Yes, Al and Natche. I understand this is what happens when you socialize at work. You make friends, they leave or get promoted (or you leave and get promoted) and then, guess what, you're not friends anymore. So why bother, yes?

No comments: