Friday, November 16, 2007

Baby Cougar

The baby cougar is going back! That's right folks, I no longer fit the profile, you know, being 29 AND ALL.

Earlier this evening, I was chattering away with the teeny-boppers who work at Petra and Raya's school while Petra finished drawing a picture. While we were talking, I happened to mention that Ray-Ray had gotten four shots earlier that morning. One of the teenies (call her Teenie #1) empathized: she'd received four shots earlier in the week, including the (apparently painful) HPV vaccination.

Teenie #2 then jumped into the conversation, "Oh no, Teenie #1, the HPV vacc is no big deal and everyone should get it...including you (looking directly at me)". Teenie #1 looked at Teenie #2 like she was insane, but whatever.

Me: Honey, I'm too old to get the HPV vaccination. I really don't need to worry....

Teenie #2: (obviously not getting my drift) But it doesn't hurt at all. You should really think about getting it.

Me: No, it's really not necessary.

Teenie #2: Oh, yeah. It's probably more appropriate for girls in their teens and early 20's, yes? And you're like what, 29?

Me: Honey, I LOVE YOU. You might just be my new best friend.

No comments: