Saturday, November 17, 2007

What to do?

I'm headed out of town and need to load up my iTouch. Since a good friend of mine was kind enough to give me a GC, I've been browsing iTunes for the last few minutes, desperate to find a movie that will keep me entertained on the plane and is worth purchasing. Nothing fits the criteria.

But something did catch my eye: the first season of Eureka. So I throw it out there to you. Do I settle for a mediocre movie that I probably won't enjoy? Or do I add (yet another) show to my "must watch" list.

Anyone out there currently watch Eureka, and if so, is it worth spending $24 for season 1?

2 comments:

Allison said...

I would buy one episode first, and see if I liked that before commiting to a full season. It is quirky, and I like it, but not sure if it is your cup of tea.

Allison said...

Another suggestion: download a few other first episodes of series that you might be considering, and use the trip as a sampler plate of TV possibilities. I suggest trying the piot episodes of: Chuck (LOVE it), Friday Night Lights (supposed to be awesome), Samantha Who (stupid but diverting), How I Met Your Mother (really clever and grows on you), the Office (nothing funnier), Damages (just renewed for 2 more seasons) or Project Runway (hello- Tim Gunn?). Or try catching up on Ugly Betty or Battlestar Gallactica. (I don't watch BS, but hear it is really good.)