...My husband said sheepishly when I asked him why he didn't use his new Visa card for a recent purchase.
Me: What's wrong with the Disney credit card? We earn points towards DisneyWorld. You know, that mecca of commercialism and entertainment that you can't wait to go back to?
Natche: Yes, but. it. has. the. Little. Mermaid. on. it. How in the hell am I ever going to use it? People will snicker at me behind their backs! Why, oh why Renny, did you do this to me?
Me: I wasn't *trying* to emasculate you, Natche. I was trying to please our four-year old who thinks it's the best thing in the world that her parents carry Little Mermaid credit cards. Can't you just go with it?
Natche: No, I can't. Please go back online and order me the Mickey Mouse credit card. Thank you.
Me: What's wrong with the Disney credit card? We earn points towards DisneyWorld. You know, that mecca of commercialism and entertainment that you can't wait to go back to?
Natche: Yes, but. it. has. the. Little. Mermaid. on. it. How in the hell am I ever going to use it? People will snicker at me behind their backs! Why, oh why Renny, did you do this to me?
Me: I wasn't *trying* to emasculate you, Natche. I was trying to please our four-year old who thinks it's the best thing in the world that her parents carry Little Mermaid credit cards. Can't you just go with it?
Natche: No, I can't. Please go back online and order me the Mickey Mouse credit card. Thank you.

1 comment:
I have to side with Natche on this one - you really thought he would want an Ariel credit card?
Post a Comment