Monday, November 12, 2007

Crap and crap!

  1. Crap 1. I missed entirely yesterday's required blog post. I officially failed NaBloPoMo. I'm not quitting, but I'd really hoped to get in a post a day, and thought I'd be successful, especially since I blogged on my way to the Trans-Siberian Orchestra concert on Sat (more on that concert, including photos, later)
  2. Crap 2. I just used a word improperly. On the phone. With an analyst. And she corrected me. I. HATE. THAT. I pride myself on having a decent vocabulary; my thoughts are generally cogent and my business writing fairly persuasive. I am one of two grammarians in the organization so I really pay attention to what I say and how I write (well, for work anyway). So it really, really, really bothers me when I'm corrected. This is probably the third time (in as many years) that I've misused a word, and I'll probably dwell on it for the next week or so. And in case you're wondering, the word was "subsumed" and I meant "submerged" or "consumed"...

No comments: