- They stopped boarding families first. I'm sure those of you without children really couldn't care, but it was a nice perk if you were trying to get decent overhead luggage space for the bazillion toys/clothes/food items required when traveling with wee ones. Now, they board families between the As and the Bs.
- They started a position numbering system. I guess so many people have complained about the "cattle call"--you know, those lines that form more than an hour before boarding because certain people (myself included) must be first to board (yes, I'm anal like that)--so they changed their policy. In any case, one's position is determined by the quickness of your trigger finger (think Ticketmaster). You get online and hit the button EXACTLY 24-hours before the flight if you have any hope of getting an A, much less a low number.
I'll find out exactly how bad this new system is tomorrow when the family and I head off (with the millions of other folks) for the holidays. Fortunately, we have seats for everyone. Oh, that's right: WE DIDN'T BUY A SEAT FOR RAY RAY. Guess someone (read: me) will have to hold her for the duration of the flights.
No comments:
Post a Comment