Friday, November 02, 2007

What comes around....

...goes around. Remember this: You screw enough people - and the wrong people at that - it WILL come back to bite you right in the ass.

Natche and I joined a brand new gym a while back because it looked promising - it was small and intimate, the equipment was top-notch and the training staff were some of the best in the area.

That is....

...Until the *consigned* equipment was repo'd.
...My trainer quit after sinking close to $20k into the business.
...The franchise holder sued the gym owner for trademark infringement.

So apparently the owner is in hot water with his landlord, the Better Business Bureau, the Department of Justice's Consumer Protection and Antitrust Bureau and a couple of mobsters (the unlikely, but helpful friends of my trainer). Seriously. Not. Good.

It's that shyster's own damn fault though. He's obviously a con artist and how he managed to open the doors in the first place is beyond me. I think a little leg-breaking is in order, personally.

Wanna learn more? Read this article.

2 comments:

Zee said...

Hi! I came over from NaBloPoMo. I'm challenging myself to comment on as many blogs as possible this month.
That's just crazy! I feel for your trainer, having thrown all that money in a sinking boat. Shyster, indeed!

Happy Posting!

MichelleBB said...

Thanks. It's unfortunate but he's not the only one who's out money. This is proving to be one of the biggest train wrecks I've seen yet....